Saturday, November 04, 2006

Welcome to my Strand of the Web

Okay, so this is my first attempt at joining the blogging world. I really have no idea what I am doing but it looks like fun, so what the heck. Plus, I am a major procrastinator and I needed an excuse not to shovel snow. Or do laundry. Or vaccumn. Okay, so maybe I am a tad lazy too. Ah well, Saturday morning and I have the whole day in front of me with nothing really to do. Don't you love free days like that? Endless possibilities and a to-do list a mile long that doesn't need to get done before Monday?

I have to leave on Monday to bus/fly halfway across the country to attend my parent's 40th wedding anniversary. It looks like it may to into a bit of a gong show, and I can see large quantities of liquor to get through it. My Grandma originally wanted all nine of us to stay with her and her boyfriend in their 2 bedroom condo...What the hell!!! I don't think so. So my sister, her boyfriend and I all sharing a hotel room. A bit better....except my sister snores. Joy.

So I leave on the greyhound at 4:00 in the afternoon and then overnight in PG. The next morning I have to fly from PG to Vancouver to Calgary to Saskatoon. My fiance can't come with me nor can my kids because I am too cheap to get all of us there. Actually Mike (my finance) is out guiding for mountain goats at the moment so he is not even around and my kids will be staying at their Dad's for a week. On the way back through Calgary I am picking up Mike's son and he will fly the rest of the way back with me. He will be staying for a week to go deer hunting with his Dad. See, I really do live in the sticks.

No comments: