Sunday, November 26, 2006

St. Nick Has Bit My Ass

I wasn't going to put a tree up this year. We are leaving on the 20th so I didn't see any point. That was before the Christmas Spirit grabbed ahold of me. Funny how that works. Some years I just don't feel it at all. This year it is not even December and it has settled on my heart. Aaah, isn't that sweet?

The Boy made cookies this afternoon and while he was whipping it up in the kitchen, I got the urge to put up the Christmas Tree and listen to Christams carols. So that is exactly what I did. We have those mini lights, you know the kind. One burns out and half the strand is pooched. So I sent Mike to Canadian Tire and he rescued the day. Unfortunately now I have the top half of the tree with normal white mini lights and the bottom with blue-white LED lights. No matter, at least he tried. The kids got into the spirit too and before you could say Jingles Bells the tree was up and decorated.

We made chili for supper so we'll have a rootin tootin good time later tonight! Of course chili has onions so Girlie was not having any of that. She made mushroom soup instead. Onions are the bane of Girlie's life, and mine, since she make it miserable when I attempt to cook with the dastardly things. The kids go to their Dad's for a week tomorrow. I'll miss them that is for sure, but hopefully I can get alot done without them here. For sure we will be having dinner that includes alot of onions. They haven't seen their Dad since I went to Saskatchewan so it is good for them to spend some time with him.

I have been spending most of the last week making Christmas ornaments. They are time consuming as part of the ornament is cross-stiched, but they look so nice when they are done. I plan on giving them to friends and Mike's sister and step-sister for Christmas - along with some tins of baking. I found these incredible tin sets at the dollar store. Solid metallic gold, red and green. The biggest one is quite large and inside are three smaller ones. I plan on filling the biggest with poppycock, and the smaller ones with fudge, almond roca and chocolate truffles. That should make good gifts and I will stack them up and tie a ribbon around them and include the Christmas ornament at the top.

Christ, what in the hell is happening to me. I'm turning into Martha Freaking Stewart. Hell. Next thing you know, I will be making matching nightshirts for all of us to wear on Christmas Eve. Not bloody likely!

Oh, oh it's started - Quick, pull my finger!

No comments: