Tuesday, February 19, 2008

40 Candles! Quick! Someone call the Fire Department

My sister turned 40 two weeks ago. It was a pretty big deal to her (obviously, hello? 40!). To show her some support Mike and I drove the 12 hours to Edmonton to surprised the old girl on her birthday. Boy was she ever surprised!
It's a blurry picture becuase she was jumping up and down. An old girl like that ought to be careful, a little slip and BAM! All of a sudden you're on the floor with a broken hip yelling "Help! I've fallen and I can't get up"! Take it easy is all I'm saying.
One thing you can count on is the cold weather on the prairies during the winter. We weren't disappointed.
In case you can't make it out, that reads minus fucking 30. Ass biting cold!
We were able to go to Calgary to visit with Mike's boys for the day on Friday. We had a great time and went out to eat, TWICE and also went bowling. It was a good day. I can't wait to see them again at Spring Break. I just wish I hadn't forgotten my camera or I would have taken a couple of pictures.
On Saturday we went into the city and went to IKEA. Yay! I don't know what it is about cheap Swedish furniture, but it gets me hot and bothered. We were also able to visit my Grandma Biggie and my Grandpa Glen who moved to Edmonton from Saskatchewan a while back. It was a nice visit and Grandpa was doing quite well. He is definitely starting to show his age and can't remember who the hell anyone is anymore, but DAMN can he play a mean came of Cribbage!
Aren't they cute? Grandma fed us cookies. Got to love that! After that we went to Red Lobster for dinner. My favourite restaurant EVER. Good thing it's the birthday girl's favourite too or I might have had to be mean and make her go there even if she like another place better. I'm pushy that way. And yes, it still is all about me (see previous post).
We left early Sunday morning and had quite bad roads all the way home. They went from shitty
To shittier,
To...What the fuck are we doing on the road? And I seem to have imbedded my fingers into the dash. Damn!
Driving through Jasper, we got to see a ram just walking down the middle of the road. Not a care in the world.
Hey little buddy!
Mike got us home safe and sound and I was so glad to be able to share such a momentous birthday with my big sister. Also? I'm glad I'm not old like her.

No comments: